Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Consumption of High fiber foods of big quantity may cause constipation

I used to take a bowl of very high fibre multiple grain porridge and a smoothie of about 500g of fruits and vegetables daily for many years.

I stopped doing so about one to two years ago because it caused constipation.

Recently, I started to take high fibre multiple grain porridge again. The last intake a few days ago made me have a serious constipation. It took me about 18 hours of agonizing efforts to push out the very hard stool even after I took 2 tablets of 5mg Unilax Bisacodyl twice.

Based on my personal experience, if one gets constipation (with hard stool stuck at the anus) after taking a lot of high dietary fiber foods, he or she should consider to cut down or even avoid high dietary fiber foods.

My experience may be more useful for people of old age.

In other words, when one is old, consumption of high fibre foods may be a cause of constipation.

If you have any comments or experience to share, please let me know.

Note: I would update my "About me" at a later date.

No comments: