Friday, January 14, 2011

Benefits of healthy plant-based diet (based on my personal experience)

Note added on 2011-12-30: From mid October 2011, I add a cup of low fat milk or a slice of cheese, an egg (or about 100 grams of canned sardines) daily so that I can get sufficient B12 and iron). I would elaborate on this matter later.

The following is the original posting:

By changing my unhealthy diet to healthy plant-based diet, I have cured myself of

(a) Eczema of the palms of my hands especially that the right hand.
(b) Fissured or cracked heels
(c) Gouts on my toes especially the big toe
(d) Chronic stuffy nose or chronic blocked nose
(e) Constipation
(f) Bad breath
(g) Chronic mouth ulcer
(h) Overweight.
(i) Chronic Bleeding gums
(j) Hair loss ---[Ref: dda-K2011a30-1858hk]

It took me a few years to learn and improve my knowledge on healthy plant-based diet by trial-and-error and reading relevant health books and information on the internet and of course, my own logical reasoning to arrive at my present healthy plant-based diet which is high fibre, low fat, low salt, low sugar, low protein.


My diet now is as follows:

(1) Almost no processed food except my daily 3-in-1 coffee and multigrain bread and some wheat biscuits or sugar biscuits.

(2) On most days, my breakfast consists of one cup of 3-in-1 coffee and two slices of multigrain bread. My lunch and dinner are non-organic Chinese multigrain rice called ten-grain rice (十谷米) with no added sugar, no added salt, no added fat no processed ingredients.

(3) On most days I take about 750 ml of green smoothie consisting of about 400 grams of a carrots, an oranges (or an apple), 1 or 2 bananas and 100 grams of organic kailan (i.e. Chinese kale) or organic cai xin.

(4) Occasionally I eat a little meat and egg and some leftover not-so-healthy food from my family members.

(5) A Multi-vitamin tablet daily.

(6 ) A vitamin C 1000mg tablet daily.

(7) 2 x tablets of "calcium (600g) +Vitamin D (200 IU)" daily.

I hope my experience is useful to you as a reference.

I am still learner on healthy diet.

I also look forward to your comments and advice.

1 comment:

bad breath said...

Try Oraltech Labs, It worked for me, although I will say it's not just do this and "bam your breath is cured" they make you change your entire mouth cleaning habits. So you end up doing it all their way. But in the end it becomes a daily habit. It covers Post Nasal Drip and Tonsil Stones as well thankfully. If you have bad breath you'll know it messes up your whole social life. And I suppose the best thing is they don't make you go out buying "special" products for the rest of your life. Just don't get it and then think you'll do what it says “now and then” because it's either all or nothing, and trust me getting rid of my room clearing faecal breath meant I was all in. Alex’s, J. USA.