Friday, September 25, 2009

FAQ's for Tanita Body Composition Monitors and Body Fat/Body Water Monitors

• Why is it important to monitor body fat percentage?

• Are there any illnesses directly linked to obesity?

• Is it possible to have too little body fat?

• Are there optimal conditions for determining body fat percentage using Tanita's products?

• How does the Tanita Body Fat Monitor determine my body fat?

• How does the Tanita's BIA compare with other methods in terms of accuracy, repeatability, cost, convenience, and length of procedure?

• Why do Tanita Monitor/Scales have different modes?

• Are there people for whom the monitor is not appropriate?

• How accurate and reliable are Tanita's Body Fat Monitor/Scales?

• What conditions might cause skewed results or an "Error" reading in the display?

• How long will this monitor/scale last me? Is there a warranty?

• What type of maintenance is necessary?

• How will I know if my Tanita Monitor needs recalibrating?

• What is the difference between UltimateScales™ and Body Fat Monitor/Scales?

• Why do "st-lb" or "kg" appear when taking a measurement?

• Why is there an "Athlete Mode"?

• I can receive my weight and body fat % but I can't get any of the other readings on the Innerscan Body Composition Monitor.

• How does age effect body fat percent?

• Is the Body Fat monitor safe to use for women who are pregnant?

• What are the Body Fat ranges for children?

• Is the Body Fat Monitor safe to use if you have a medical device or implant?

• What is BMR & DCI?

• Are the Body Fat Monitors intended for Body Builders or professional athletes? Who is considered an athlete vs. standard adult?

• Why does my body fat percent fluctuate?

• Why do I get different readings when I change the gender or height information?

No comments: