Saturday, September 21, 2013

My 1st homemade bread baked with Zojirushi bread maker model BB-HAQ10on 2013-09-21: Basic White Bread and my Review

Note: Please see also http://hl123.blogspot.sg/2013/09/my-first-zojirushi-bread-maker-home.html

My 1st homemade bread baked with Zojirushi bread maker model BB-HAQ10on 2013-09-21: Basic White Bread and my Review

On 2013-09-21, Saturday,  at 7.25 am,  I baked my first bread with Zojirushi bread maker model BB-HAQ10. 


The bread baked was a basic white bread. 


First I added ingredients in the order of the ingredient list. I made sure the yeast  did not touch the water and placed the yeast in the small hole "poked" on top of the flour. 

Mode was set to  "Basic Bread Firm". 

Crust Control  was set to "Regular".

Then pressed the "Start/Reset" button to start baking.

Time taken: 3 hours 30 mins. 

The bread was completely baked at 10.55  am. I took it out from the bread maker immediately.  Let it cool down for 8 minutes before slicing with my first-time-use long knife. 

Results:
-------
As my first homemade bread, it was good and delicious. 

My Review/Comment: 
-----------------------
(1) The taste was good.

(2) The texture was soft and OK.

(3) The regular crust was too thick for me , especially the very thick crusts at the two  longitudinal  ends. 

(4) The white bread formed was too loose such that when I sliced the bread, I could not get a slice of bread similar to the slices of the comnercisl bread bought in our neighbourhood bakery or provision shop.

(5) I need to do at least some more experiments and to learn a lot more before I can "produce" breads good enough for my family members to bring them to work place to eat. 






















No comments: