Saturday, June 6, 2009

How to reduce high blood pressure? (A real life example of myself) without medicine. No drugs. No exercise. Through Calorie Restriction (CRON)

A few years ago, I used to have a High blood pressure of 140/90 and above.

I believe a combination of the following have helped me to have optimal blood pressure of a normal blood pressure lower than 120/80 most of the time.

(a) Practise calorie restriction with optimal nutrition (CRON). Take CR as a way of life.

(b) A mainly high fiber, low fat, low salt, low sugar, low protein near vegetarian diet.

(c) Everyday, at least 1 apple and 1 orange daily and 100g grapes, 100g bananas and sometimes raw carrot, raw tomato. I take fruits mainly in the form of smoothie.

(d) For convenience, I seldom take other vegetables.

(e) Almost no processed food except coffee and bread.

(f) At least one meal of fat-free, salt-free, sugar-free multigrain porridge daily.

(g) Occasionally I eat a little fish, meat and egg.

(h) Everyday, take Multi-vitamin, vitamin C 100mg, Calcium, etc.

(i) Take about 1.5 liters of water daily.

(j) I do not smoke or take alcohol.

(k) Up to 2009-06-06, I hardly exercise, although I know physical exercise is good for me!

(l) Maintain a healthy weight of BMI of slightly more than 20 but lsee than 21 most of the time.

I hope my experience is useful to you as a reference and look forward to hearing form you if you have any comment and feedback. Thank you.

No comments: