Friday, January 11, 2008

My Food Poisoning and Cures for eating mouldy food on 10 Jan 2008



From 2130 hr of 080111, I started to have abdominal pain on the right side. Not acute. I felt the pain when I moved or straightened my body. I felt better when I bent forward. Possible cause was (a) the 10 x boiled almond I cooked about 2 weeks ago and stored in the fridge and taken at about 1830 hr on 080110 or (b) the sweet potato strip (bought from Fairprice) added to the Greenmax Mixed grains ref: H08A09. I checked the remaining boiled almonds. Some looked mouldy. So the most likely cause of my abdominal pain was the mouldy boiled almonds.

At 2230 hr, the abdominal pain still persisted. I took two small bottles of “my family medicine” Po Chai Pills (Li Chung Shing Tong brand, Hong Kong) by Li Chung Shing Tong (Holding) Ltd (founded in 1896) hopefully my abdominal pain will be cured.

Then I went to sleep at about 0030hr of 080111. When I woke up at 0500 hr on 080111, my abdominal pain disappeared although there was still slight discomfort.

Lessons learned:

(1) Never take cooked food already stored in the fridge for more than 3 or 4 days.

(2) Always check any food before eating.

No comments: