Sunday, September 9, 2007

Purchase of Calcium supplement with vitamin D

(Note: On the left is what elemenatl calcium looks like.)

As the first remedial action in response to my low bone mass, this morning I bought two bottles of “Caltrate 600+D” calcium dietary supplement at total offer price of S$41.45 (after 15% discount for two bottles) from Guardian BRR branch. Each bottle contains 60 tablets. Each tablet contains Vitamin D (200 I.U.) and Calcium (600 mg elemental calcium in 1500 mg calcium carbonate).

Although I have been taking 1 x Bioscience tablet (Ca 300 g., mg 133g., zinc 5 g.) daily in the last two to three years, I have not been taking sufficient calcium dietary supplement together with vitamin D. The Bone Density Test result on 2009-09-8 was indeed a timely wake-up call.

No comments: