Friday, May 17, 2013

Whole grains and non-whole grains, beans, seeds and nuts included in my daily multigrain rice (Ref: M2013E17-2018hk):

The key whole grain ingredients are:

(1) Brown rice 
(2) Black glutinous rice
(3) Hulled buckwheat
(4) Hulled millet
(5) Oat 
(6) Polenta (crushed corn)
(7) White wheat (to be ascertained as whole grain)

I seldom eat quinoa and amaranth because both are too expensive here and amaranth is also not easily available here.

The non-whole grain I take regularly is pearl barley. I am looking for hulled barley.

The main bean included in my multigrain rice is soy bean. I seldom take other beans.

The regular seeds and nuts I take daily are:

(1) Walnut
(2) Almond
(3) Black sesame (bought in powder form in a 600-gram pack)
(4) Flaxseed

Recently I have also been taking the following seeds and nuts although not daily:

(1) Brazil nut 
(2) Pumpkin seed
(3) Sunflower seed.

If you have any feedback, advice or suggestion, please let me know. Many thanks. 

No comments: