Sunday, February 7, 2016

Eczema healed by Gluten free diet ( A case seen on internet)


The following text from

https://nationaleczema.org/living-with-eczema/scratch-pad/gluten-allergy-2/

Is repeated here for your convenience. For details, please visit the above web link.

===========

<< Gluten Allergy>>

Dear Scratch Pad

The backs of my hands and fingers were covered with eczema. I tried everything over the course of four years and had little tubes of prescription medication littering my bathroom cupboard. These topical steroids were just small fixes that ended up thinning my skin. If I dried my hands with a towel and was too abrasive, my hands would end up bleeding. After some research, I decided to try a gluten-free diet. Now, my hands are almost completely clear and have been that way for the year and a half that I have followed the diet. If I accidentally eat gluten, my eczema will be back in about three days (but not as severe). As difficult as it was at the beginning to avoid gluten, it has been completely worth it and has become just part of life.

Erin Jeffries

No comments: