Wednesday, September 23, 2015

I can use WhatsApp and emails over WiFi. When I am connected to my phone's data network, I can't access WhatsApp and email servers, but I don't have problems in internet surfing, like Facebook, etc. How?

(A) [Problem]: You are an Android phone user and you cannot connect to WhatsApp and email servers but you can surf internet through your phone's data network.  You can use WhatsApp and emails over Wi-Fi but not your phone's data network (i.e. mobile connection).

(B) [Possible cause]: It's likely that the Access Point Names (APN) settings are not configured to allow non-web traffic.

(C) [Suggested Solutions]: Your problems may be solved by taking the following steps based on my own experience.

--- (1) >> Settings >> Mobile Network >> Access Point Names (APN) >> Reset APN to default

--- (2) Disconnect your phone from WiFi and connect it to your phone's data network.

--- (3) Use WhatsApp and emails now to confirm your problems have been solved.

--- (4) If the problems have not been solved,  please check with your mobile operator.

If you have any comments or feedback, please let me know.

====The end ====

No comments: