Sunday, April 5, 2009

My bone density test on 4th April 2009 Lian He Wan Bao Beauty & Healthcare Fair 2009

On the evening of 4 April 2009, at about 5.000 pm I visited Lian He Wan Bao Beauty & Healthcare Fair 2009 at Suntec.

I had a bone density test at Biocalth booth. Results = T-score = -1.3 and Stiffness = 89 meaning Low Bone Mass requiring me to take Biocalth 2 tablets 2 times daily.

Later in the same evening, I had another bone health check at Anlene (Milik) booth. My T-score this time was – 0.8 and Osteoporosis Risk was low.


According to the ‘Anlene BoneHealth check’ brochure given out at the Fair:

T-score between –1 and 3 or more means Low Risk of Osteoporotic fracture
T-score between –2.5 and -1 means Moderate Risk of Osteoporotic fracture
T-score between –2.5 and –3.5 or less means High Risk of Osteoporotic fracture

A T-score compares your bone density to the optimal peak bone density for your gender. It is reported as number of standard deviations below the average. A T-score of greater than minus-1 is considered normal. A T-score of minus-1 to minus-2.5 is considered osteopenia, and a risk for developing osteoporosis. A T-score of less than minus-2.5 is diagnostic of osteoporosis. (Source of information: http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/osteoporosis/a/bonedensitytest.htm )


Since my last test on 10 September 2008 , I have been taking two tablets of my 600-mg calcium with Vitamin D instead but I have also been taking two to three cups of 3-in1 coffee daily.

The following were my old test results.

On 10 September 2008, I had a bone density test at Biocalth booth. Results = T-score = -1.0 and Stiffness = 92 in the yellow zone meaning Low Bone Mass requiring me to take Biocalth 2 tablets 2 times daily.

At about 6.00 pm of 24 May 2008 (Saturday), I had a bone density test at All Link Medical & Health Products Pte Ltd booth at the Singapore Food Expo 2008. Results: T-score = -1.9.

My comments: I need to continue to monitor and improve on my bone health and my Osteoporosis Risk

No comments: