Saturday, July 11, 2009

My Bone Density Test on 11th July 2009 at "Health & U" Mega Health Exhibition -- Results: Low Bone Mass! Is my bone density slightly low?


I had my Bone Density Test using an Achilles InSight Bone Densitometer at 6.41 pm on 11 July 2009 at the booth of "Wyeth Consumer Healthcare" at "Health & U" Mega Health Exhibition @ Suntec Convention Hall, jointly organized by The Straits Times Mind Your Body and Lianhe Zaobao LOHAS (11 & 12 July 2009).

My T-score was -1.2. It means Low Bone Mass! (see ** below)

According information provided by BioCalth booth in the same exhibition:

Normal - Healthy Level of T-score is between 0 and 2.

Normal - Borderline Level of T-score is between -1 and 0

Low Bone Mass Level of T-score is between -1 and -2.5
**(Note: But according to http://www.garyswow.com/bone.htm, Normal T-score is above –1)

For Osteoporosis, T-score is between -2.5and -4

Is my bone density slightly low?

Therefore I must take remedial actions which I would inform you in my blog later.

No comments: