Thursday, July 16, 2009

My Good Blood Sugar Level Test result of 5.7 mmol/L on 11 July 2009 at "Health & U" Mega Health Exhibition

On 11 July 2009 (Saturday) at about 5.30 pm, I had my blood sugar test using small Abbott brand test kit (called Optium Xceed™ Diabetes Management System) by a lady at the Unity Pharmacy (NTUC) booth at "Health & U" Mega Health Exhibition @ Suntec Convention Hall, jointly organized by The Straits Times Mind Your Body and Lianhe Zaobao LOHAS (11 & 12 July 2009).

The result was 5.7 mmol/L.

The ideal non-diabetic levels are 4.0 to 6.0 mmol/L for pre-meal glucose and 5.0 to 7.0 mmol/L for 2-hour post meal glucose.


[Note: The above information is from Ministry of Health Clinical Practice Guideline 06/2006, according to a samll brochure given by Aboott Laboratories (S) Pte Ltd during the exhibition]

I took about 350 ml of orange-banana smoothie at about 3.30 pm of 11 July 2009.

Therefore my blood sugar test result of 5.7 mmol/L was good and ideal.

This proves that my healthy Calorie Restriction lifestyle is the right choice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good god it 'proves' nothing of the sort. I am pre-diabetic and my average BSG at 5.30pm is 5.2. Please read more extensively about blood sugar levels before you try to reach conclusions about their significance. A single reading taken late in the afternoon gives you very little useful data.